[SOLVED] Question about i7 9700k temperatures

Jul 3, 2019
I wanted to ask if my cpu temps are fine, 70-84 degrees celsius under heavy load, mid 30s when idle( i have turbo boost turned on, but no oc) My cooler is silentiumpc fortis3v2

Solution
Paxren,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

What is your ambient (room) temperature?

Please define "under heavy load" ...

Although "Throttle" temperature is 100°C, the consensus among well informed and highly experienced system builders, reviewers and overclockers, is that cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity. As experts all agree that it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Throttle temperature, here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures...

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Paxren,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

What is your ambient (room) temperature?

Please define "under heavy load" ...

Although "Throttle" temperature is 100°C, the consensus among well informed and highly experienced system builders, reviewers and overclockers, is that cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity. As experts all agree that it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Throttle temperature, here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

We have a guide that covers this topic ... you might want to give it a read: Intel Temperature Guide - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Solution