Insania

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Do IDE DVD-ROM still come with those massive ugly jumpers? I'm getting a windowed case and if that's still the case I'll go with SATA.

Themoniter61

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
All i see in this picture is a power cable and an IDE cable. The jumpers on IDE devices are freaking tiny. I have one in my system and you cant see it.

Insania

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Umm, isn't the "big grey thing" in the picture a IDE cable? That's what I don't want. I don't know how to explain it any more than that. :lol:

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Umm, isn't the "big grey thing" in the picture a IDE cable? That's what I don't want. I don't know how to explain it any more than that. :lol:

Do IDE DVD-ROM still come with those massive ugly jumpers? I'm getting a windowed case and if that's still the case I'll go with SATA.

Which one is it?Cable or jumper?If it's jumper, then it's freakin tiny.If 't's cable, then yest,it still is there

Please be more consistent (I take it as you mistyped/had a lil confusion) next time

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
If you want round IDE cables, get some. If you want an SATA drive, get that. Since data cables are a kinda inherant part of a computer, it would seem a bit unnecessary to hide them, you might as well just take a picture of the case empty, then post that on the inside of the window and Voila(!), you have an empty looking case running windows (LOL).

Are you sure you are ready to build a system? It's not often someone calls a data cable a jumper.

usually the more important criteria for choosing SATA or PATA (IDE), is # of devices you'll have and what the chosen motherboard supports. Some people don't want to use up all their SATA channels, or have to use an inferior 2nd SATA controller for anything if they could've just saved a buck and bought the far more common PATA optical drive.

SATA cables are always smaller though, it is what you want if not seeing the cable is the most important thing.