Question about IPS glow Acer predator

jared426

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Hey everyone I've just purchased an Acer Predator XB271HU and I have a few questions. First of all I'd like to point out that I've always owned TN panels and this is my first IPS, so maybe I'm not used to the glow of this panel type?

There seems to be no dead pixels and very litte blacklight bleed on my monitor which is good. There is glow that I can see when I'm sitting directly in front of the monitor which is noticeable on the upper right hand corner and the lower right corner on a black screen and it moves if I change the angle of my head. I cannot see the glow while gaming or watching movies but I can see it on black screens while loading into games
and web pages with black backgrounds. The glow on the screen kind of looks like there is organish tint on the panel.

This is a pretty high end gaming monitor and I paid quite a bit for it, I'm wondering if I'm just not used to the glow of an IPS or is it acceptable to have the amount of glow that I'm describing? It pretty much borderline distorts the color of blacks on the monitor.

Solution
Well tough to say without looking at it.

Some IPS glow in corners is normal.
If it's too strong, take your chance and RMA it. If you think it's too extreme it's your right but keep in mind you won't get fully rid of it

jared426

Honorable
May 5, 2013

Yeah it is a bit irritating for my eyes, and its mentally irritating seeing the flawless top left corner lol. The glow completely goes away if I sit further back and it's only visible on blacks like you said. Is it worth trying to play the IPS lottery if I don't notice the glow while in game? Like what would you consider acceptable for a monitor of this type?