[SOLVED] Question about KB4556799 Windows 10

May 28, 2020
This may be a silly question but here goes.

I purchased a prebuilt system with the system specs below
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard
Nvidia Gtx 2060 Super

Now when installing KB4556799 the system is not requiring a reboot on this update, but it states it is installed. Is this normal? I've tested a laptop of mine and it required a reboot after installing KB4556799.

Solution
Yeah, that often happens. It's possibly to do with which version of Windows you have, but either way if it installs correctly and works correctly after reboot, then there is nothing to worry about. Figuring out MS patches/updates at the best of times is difficult.
Yeah, that often happens. It's possibly to do with which version of Windows you have, but either way if it installs correctly and works correctly after reboot, then there is nothing to worry about. Figuring out MS patches/updates at the best of times is difficult.

Solution
May 28, 2020

The version of Windows I am running is Windows 10 Home Versions 1909 OS Build 18363.836.

So it is perfectly normal for KB4556799 to not state a reboot is required? I just want to clarify.