Question About Live Gamer HD Capture Card

Mason1204

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
So I want to get the Live Game HD to capture my pc games, but I heard about the problem with it only being to cooperate with 60hz or lower monitors, I have a 144hz monitor. So what I want to know, can i buy a second monitor that is 60hz and output my screen to it (as in I run displayport to my main 144hz monitor and play my games on it, then have whatever im doing on my main monitor show up on the 60hz one). Then can I have the live gamer hd capture the 60hz monitor without having any screen tearing or lag in my videos? Also don't tell me to just use a software recorder because there's a reason behind the capture card, but if there is a screen recording software that does not make big file size videos, will allow me to select the area of my screen to record, and I can record my mic and in-game volume on different tracks so I can edit both in vegas, PLZ TELL ME!

Mason1204

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
So I had a new thought. Can I plug a displayport y cable into my graphics card and then have one end run to my 144hz g-sync monitor and on the other end have it connect to a displayport to HDMI converter cable which then plugs into my live gamer hd? The question is will my monitor retain its 144hz and g-sync and will the live gamer hd be receiving the same screen as my 144hz monitor but in 60hz? Will this allow me to play at 144hz but have the live gamer hd record at 60hz with no screen tearing or lag?