Question Question about MacBook Pro

GeorgeCZ75

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
Hi,

I am interested in purchasing an MacBook Pro from Apple but I am concerned about spending $1300 on a laptop because I am afraid of battery degradation. I have owned an Acer and HP laptop and after a year the batteries on them barely lasted 1 hour on a full charge. People online are saying the MacBook Pro is durable and will last a long time. However, I and skeptical. I will be spending a lot of money on a laptop and I would like it to last at least 3 years. What do you guys think?

Thank you.

All batteries will degrade eventually. Apple sources their batteries from the same main sources as all other brands, so expect similar longevity.

Do note that battery replacement in any modern MacBook is not an easy nor fun job for the end user. The batteries are in multiple sections and are glued in, requiring heat to remove.

Jun 16, 2022
i still have 1hour and a half battery life on my 11 years old macbook air.

Apple may be using the same batteries component as other manufacturers, but their apple silicon laptops run very cool (about 35C on low load) and with low power consumption(25W). That means there is little stress over the battery.
macOS has a smart battery management system that avoid overcharging the battery when left plugged for too long. And there is even a custom made battery management tool made by the community if you need more fine tuned battery management.

I don't know which acer or hp laptop you got but by the sound of it you had the cheapest of the cheap $400 laptop. Midrange laptops of today have much better battery consumption and apple is the best in that category.

I think macbook are fine machines and i know plenty of people that use macbooks for more than 3 years easy.

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing an MacBook Pro from Apple but I am concerned about spending $1300 on a laptop because I am afraid of battery degradation. I have owned an Acer and HP laptop and after a year the batteries on them barely lasted 1 hour on a full charge. People online are saying the MacBook Pro is durable and will last a long time. However, I and skeptical. I will be spending a lot of money on a laptop and I would like it to last at least 3 years. What do you guys think?

Thank you.
What laptops are they and how tf are you killing them that fast?