Question Question about max RAM frequency supported on gaming laptop

Aug 1, 2020
Hi, good afternoon.

I have a question regarding RAM frequency supported on my laptop, so maybe you can help me out, here it goes.

I have a gaming laptop and i'm looking forward to upgrade to 32gb but idk what frequency i should pick, ideally i want the highest speed, so i used "Crucial memory upgrade advisor" i it told me to buy 3200 RAM. To be sure about this i've checked on the manual of the laptop and it says this:

DDR4-2400 dual channel support (DDR4-3200 bridge to DDR4-2666, DDR4-2666 downgrade to DDR4-2400)
Right now i have 2 sticks of 2600 running at 2400 (idk why) according to HP this is because of factory configuration.
i need to clarify that i can't turn on XMP on BIOS, it's an HP laptop so it's locked.

So what speed should i buy? Does this mean that if i insert a 3200 module it's always going to run at 2400? or that depends on the RAM stick itself? what do u recommend me to do?

Thanks in advance to take of your day to help me out.

What is the EXACT model of your laptop including any specific sub model information? If there is an express service tag number or other identification ID for the unit, that would be helpful as well in identifying the exact configuration and hardware your unit has, and supports.

Aug 1, 2020
What is the EXACT model of your laptop including any specific sub model information? If there is an express service tag number or other identification ID for the unit, that would be helpful as well in identifying the exact configuration and hardware your unit has, and supports.

It's a HP pavilion gaming with a ryzen 3750H, according to the help that i've received so far, it's the CPU the one that can't handle more than 2400MHZ, thanks tho.