[SOLVED] Question about max turbo freq

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Should I set my i9-9900K to always run at 100 percent (5.0ghz) or should I leave it default and just let it do its thing? been having a lot of micro stutters and its genuinely upsetting as its a 5 day old build that cost me 1.5k and it just wont give me the performance I've paid for. So yeah, should I leave it default settings or just set it to max turbo freq?

also if anyone has good links so I can learn a bit about ram timings that would be amazing :)

Solution
I have it paired with an RTX 2070 and 16gbs ddr4 3200mhz ram, I play my games at 1080p on borderlands 3 and farcry new dawn ect them type of games all 1080p, i put my i9 to max turbo today to test it ajd it made the stuttering a bit less but was still present :(

my build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hpX3V7

Im aware I need an ssd which im getting next month if I haven't rma'd my entire setup by then...

That SSD should already be in your system. What if that HDD being your OS drive and your games drive is the reason of the stuttering? Your system should not be stuttering in any games really. Not if you have the latest GPU drivers and everything is fine with your system, temperatures, voltages etc.

A 250-500GB OS SSD...

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
That 9900K should be playing games just fine and it doesn't need to be at 5GHz.

What is your full system specs? And in what games do you have stuttering and at resolution?
I have it paired with an RTX 2070 and 16gbs ddr4 3200mhz ram, I play my games at 1080p on borderlands 3 and farcry new dawn ect them type of games all 1080p, i put my i9 to max turbo today to test it ajd it made the stuttering a bit less but was still present :(

Im aware I need an ssd which im getting next month if I haven't rma'd my entire setup by then...

That SSD should already be in your system. What if that HDD being your OS drive and your games drive is the reason of the stuttering? Your system should not be stuttering in any games really. Not if you have the latest GPU drivers and everything is fine with your system, temperatures, voltages etc.

A 250-500GB OS SSD + a 500GB-1TB SSD for your games and programs would be optimal :)

Reactions: R99 .
Solution

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020

A 250-500GB OS SSD + a 500GB-1TB SSD for your games and programs would be optimal :)
I know it should run everything fine... thats what makes me so upset... I originally had a Ryzen 7 3700x with the same GPU I have now, but when I first started I started with a GTX 1070 and a Ryzen 7 2700x, the 3700x and 2070 I got after rmaing the othsr parts but whats weird is that Ryzen system had the exact same stuttering issues that I have now and I literally switched CPU manufacturers... I've switched out every single part in my PC except the ram, psu and harddrive, these parts are also brand new but could possibly be faulty? but I suspect its probably my HDD.

So you suggest a 250-500 ssd for boot and a 500 to 1tb ssd for the games? gotcha, ill fkr sure do that then 😊

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
I know it should run everything fine... thats what makes me so upset... I originally had a Ryzen 7 3700x with the same GPU I have now, but when I first started I started with a GTX 1070 and a Ryzen 7 2700x, the 3700x and 2070 I got after rmaing the othsr parts but whats weird is that Ryzen system had the exact same stuttering issues that I have now and I literally switched CPU manufacturers... I've switched out every single part in my PC except the ram, psu and harddrive, these parts are also brand new but could possibly be faulty? but I suspect its probably my HDD.

So you suggest a 250-500 ssd for boot and a 500 to 1tb ssd for the games? gotcha, ill fkr sure do that then 😊
Also has for temps, they are really good actually, even when I put my cpu to maz turbo, some cores only reached a max temp of 68 and fluxated from 50 to 68 ect on farcry new dawn ultra settings, gpu has great temps also

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Also has for temps, they are really good actually, even when I put my cpu to maz turbo, some cores only reached a max temp of 68 and fluxated from 50 to 68 ect on farcry new dawn ultra settings, gpu has great temps also
I did reset all my bios settings back to default tho cahze I wanted my cpu back on default settings, turbo settings was just to test, im going to try later on today lower ram clock speeds just tk see and if it doesnt help im going to put them back to 3200mhz