[SOLVED] Question about Motherboard RAM speed limit

Vectao

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Hello everyone, it's been over a year since i had issues on my computer due to a faulty PSU, today my question is: I bought a Galax B550M motherboard, but I didn't check correctly it's RAM speed limits and my RAM can go up to 3000MHz, which is the limit of the RAM speed on my motherboard (on the website it says some other frequencies and the last one is "3000MHz (OC)") and I would like to know if there's any issues if I use the 3000MHz X.M.P. profile as that is the limit which the motherboard can take, if I do that, could my motherboard end up dying?

Solution
Hello everyone, it's been over a year since i had issues on my computer due to a faulty PSU, today my question is: I bought a Galax B550M motherboard, but I didn't check correctly it's RAM speed limits and my RAM can go up to 3000MHz, which is the limit of the RAM speed on my motherboard (on the website it says some other frequencies and the last one is "3000MHz (OC)") and I would like to know if there's any issues if I use the 3000MHz X.M.P. profile as that is the limit which the motherboard can take, if I do that, could my motherboard end up dying?
You won't hurt anything.
If your ram is rated at 3000 that's the max speed of the mobo.
You won't hurt anything.
If your ram is rated at 3000 that's the max speed of the mobo.

Solution