Question Question about motherboards, what am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crockwaxi

BANNED
Jul 9, 2022
I am planning to build a PC for gaming, and I am not sure which Motherboard to pick.
Socket for CPU: Lga 1700
I am not going to do CPU overclocking
Questions that I have:
  1. What am I missing if I am buying the "budget" motherboard?
For example: I am thinking about buying: ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS D4
What am I missing out in term of functionality or performance by not going for "Q, H or Z" chipsets?
2. How to choose between motherboards in the same range. For example:
GIGABYTE B660 GAMING X DDR4 vs ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS D4?
or even:
GIGABYTE B660 GAMING X DDR4 vs GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4?

Any of these options will work fine. In your specific case, it all just boils down to "does this board have what I NEED". And since you're only gaming, they should all match your criteria. Just read about the features each board has and determine if you're getting what you need for it to work with your custom setup. Since you're not planning on overclocking or anything special, you don't really need to get into the nitty gritty details of each board, like their VRM & choke temps, power phases, etc. Just read the reviews for each board, and if any of them raise a red flag, forget about it and move onto the next board.

I am planning to build a PC for gaming, and I am not sure which Motherboard to pick.
Socket for CPU: Lga 1700
I am not going to do CPU overclocking
Questions that I have:
  1. What am I missing if I am buying the "budget" motherboard?
For example: I am thinking about buying: ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS D4
What am I missing out in term of functionality or performance by not going for "Q, H or Z" chipsets?
2. How to choose between motherboards in the same range. For example:
GIGABYTE B660 GAMING X DDR4 vs ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS D4?
or even:
GIGABYTE B660 GAMING X DDR4 vs GIGABYTE B660 AORUS 7MASTER DDR4?
It's all about VRM's. The Gigabyte Gaming X is a decent board for the price for running a locked i5 such as the 12400 / 12400F for example. If you have any plans of running a locked i7 such as the 12700 / 12700F then I'd look at the Gigabyte Auros Master or the Asus TUF gaming board.

Status
Not open for further replies.