Question Question about mouse not behaving right on Windows 7.

Aug 23, 2019
Okay, I have 2 hard drives.
1 of them is my SSD, the other being an HDD. (I also have an external hard drive, which is for my mass storage, games, archive, etc, for what it's worth.)
On my SSD, which I use mainly on my computer, I have windows 10. Everything on that instance of windows works perfectly.
The HDD, I recently downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate.

Whenever I got onto Windows 7, after fixing my ethernet drivers, I installed everything I needed. Everything works perfectly fine, except for my mouse.
Instead of moving correctly, it moves erratically, if I try to do small circles with the mouse, or even larger ones, they're jagged and move all over the place. My first thought was it being my drivers, and that my mouse doesn't have the correct drivers.

Device manager, and it's installed a "Microsoft PS/2 Mouse". My mouse is a Razer Deathadder Elite. I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, and plugged my mouse back in, and it installs itself again what it was before I uninstalled it.

I looked into my bios, I have an MSI Z270 A-PRO Motherboard, I thought maybe turning off Legacy USB would fix it, but nope, it just completely made my USB ports stop working in general.
Though that was just a shot in the dark.

Okay, so Windows is just stupid, that wouldn't surprise me, I'm using a newer mouse, maybe windows doesn't have native support for it. So I go to Razer's website and try manually finding the drivers for the mouse. Instead, all I'm prompted to download is Razer Synapse 2.0.

(I might add that when I first got the computer hooked up I downloaded GeForce Experience for my graphic drivers, and Razer Synapse 3.0 for my keyboard and mouse, and Synapse wouldn't even detect my mouse, my keyboard is also Razer, an Ornata Chroma, and it wasn't detected either, but I'm assuming whatever fixes the mouse fixes the keyboard and the keyboard functions perfectly fine, even without the drivers. It's a Standard PS/2 Keyboard in my device manager.)

Anyways. I download Synapse 2.0 and it installs, then it just blatantly refuses to open. Force killing it through task manager and reopening as admin, it flashes for a second then closes. It's just minimized in my system tray and the easy "right click, open synapse" doesn't do anything. Even trying it over, and over, and over.

Uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled it from a fresh download, same issue.

Okay, I dig deeper for awhile,
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/K...16430-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update.shtml
I manually download this, extract it, and try and manually install the drivers through it, and Windows says it has the best drivers installed. (HUH?)

I go and do 100+ windows updates that were needed, after it finishes I come back to windows 7, and nothings changed.

So now I'm at a point where I have absolutely no idea why A. Razer Synapse 2.0 won't open. B. Why that stupid program is the only way to install the drivers. and C. What the hell is going on in general.

I have my USB 3.0 Razer DeathAdder Elite connected to a 3.0 port, but I've also connected it to a 2.0 port when trying to reinstall the drivers. No avail.

So at this point, I have absolutely no idea what to do.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601, with a Razer DeathAdder Elite.

Ralston18

Titan
Support for Windows 7 is waning: primarily by Microsoft but by other software and hardware manufacturers as well.

Rightly or wrongly that is the way of things....

Time, I think, to start shedding any reliance on or requirements for Windows 7.