[SOLVED] Question About MSI B550-A PRO Motherboard BIOS Update

Jan 9, 2021
Several months ago I built a new PC using the MSI B550-A PRO Motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU. So when I built the PC, I had to update the motherboard's BIOS to make it work with the new AMD CPU.

Now I'm considering moving to a Linux operating system such as Linux Mint or perhaps Ubuntu.

If I install one of these new operating systems, will I have to mess around with the BIOS again?

Several months ago I built a new PC using the MSI B550-A PRO Motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU. So when I built the PC, I had to update the motherboard's BIOS to make it work with the new AMD CPU.

Now I'm considering moving to a Linux operating system such as Linux Mint or perhaps Ubuntu.

If I install one of these new operating systems, will I have to mess around with the BIOS again?
usually you dont have to mess with the bios to reinstall an os.

Jan 9, 2021
I guess it probably doesn't make a difference but we're not talking about REinstalling an old or existing OS that had been installed before in the past, we're talking about installing an entirely new and different operating system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS