[SOLVED] Question About MSI B550-A PRO Motherboard BIOS Update

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Several months ago I built a new PC using the MSI B550-A PRO Motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU. So when I built the PC, I had to update the motherboard's BIOS to make it work with the new AMD CPU.

Now I'm considering moving to a Linux operating system such as Linux Mint or perhaps Ubuntu.

If I install one of these new operating systems, will I have to mess around with the BIOS again?

Solution
Several months ago I built a new PC using the MSI B550-A PRO Motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU. So when I built the PC, I had to update the motherboard's BIOS to make it work with the new AMD CPU.

Now I'm considering moving to a Linux operating system such as Linux Mint or perhaps Ubuntu.

If I install one of these new operating systems, will I have to mess around with the BIOS again?
usually you dont have to mess with the bios to reinstall an os.

usually you dont have to mess with the bios to reinstall an os.

Solution