Question Question about my build and what i should upgrade

Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
Hey folks, I have a i7 8700k OC to 5.0ghz, 32gb of ram Trident Royale ram, EVGA 2080, a few SSDS and 2 HDD and a RM 850X Corsair PSU. I want to upgrade my computer but I am unsure if I should just upgrade my GPU and leave the rest or upgrade my other parts aswell, I don't have the money to do an entire new build its either a new GPU or new CPU,mobo,ram,aio etc so what should I upgrade first

johnsoner13

Respectable
Hey folks, I have a i7 8700k OC to 5.0ghz, 32gb of ram Trident Royale ram, EVGA 2080, a few SSDS and 2 HDD and a RM 850X Corsair PSU. I want to upgrade my computer but I am unsure if I should just upgrade my GPU and leave the rest or upgrade my other parts aswell, I don't have the money to do an entire new build its either a new GPU or new CPU,mobo,ram,aio etc so what should I upgrade first
Monitor resolution? Refresh rate? Primary use is?

johnsoner13

Respectable
Monitor is an ASUS predator 144hz g-sync, 1440p and my PC is used for gaming. Heavy gaming one could say. All types of games, from wow, to cyberpunk, to R6, call of duty, etc
Use something like MSI afterburner to monitor GPU/CPU usage in game. If your GPU is usually pegged at high usage you would want to upgrade that. I would think at 1440P this will probably be your case and youd benefit more from a GPU upgrade.

Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
Use something like MSI afterburner to monitor GPU/CPU usage in game. If your GPU is usually pegged at high usage you would want to upgrade that. I would think at 1440P this will probably be your case and youd benefit more from a GPU upgrade.

I always play video games at 1440p, and ive overclocked my 2080 just to reach 60+ fps or more, in games like Valhalla, Cyberpunk I am not getting 60 fps (but we know that game is broken) and a few other new AAA+ plus games, but otherwise the typical game, like R6, world of warcraft is all fine.