Question question about my gpu ! thanks !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ominous11

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
Hey everyone,

So i upgraded my rig fully and I had a GPU question ! I don't know if the 3080 is just a beast of a gpu or if something is wrong ! If i play games like like :

warcraft i get like 0-3% usage , 30% cpu

cyber punk is 1-9% gpu usage- 40 % cpu ( reason for the question stems from gpu usage here)

Cod 20% usage gpu - 70% cpu

All games are max setting with rtx. I dont expect much from wow but I thought maybe the new cod and cyberpunk to be more heavy on the system. Im also running 21:9 1440p

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/ominous11/saved/#view=2H3t7P this is my rig. cpu OC to 4.4 and the card is OC my just switching the button on the board so 1920mhz i think

edit: temps for gpu sit around 60% and when I did unigine heaven benchmark 4.0 i had 192.8 fps score of 4857 min 48.5 and max 399.8

Last edited:

ominous11

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
I figured I contact evga support:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your graphics card. Are you running the games in DX12? If so, this could be why the card is running at such low usage. If you have already tried running on DX11, please let us know so we can further assist you.

Regards,
EVGA

So I was able to game test your solution today and with World of Warcraft I gained 10 frames and it did increase the usage in task manger from 1% to 40%. However in Cod: Cold war it didn’t do anything, task manger said 20% and PrecisionX1 said 90%. I was also only getting 60-70frames which is really low for this game when compared to other people YouTube videos that have the same setup as me. I’ve seen people get a solid 120fps up to 160 frames. This was my response to them