Question Question about my PC and DOOM eternal

Oct 4, 2018
I have a very basic pc with a Pentum G4560 and a 1050ti + 8gb of RAM ddr4. I usually play LoL and indies so is fine, but sometimes I pick some AAA games like DOOM for example. I loved that game, and I played on ultra 60 fps in 1080p which was gorgeous. Now with eternal this year and a bit worried, because I don't know if my PC can run it at the same quality (or similar like instead of ultra high or medium) as DOOM 2016. Do you think guys that my PC would be enough? (dont have money at the moment for an upgrade)

Ty :D

No sys reqs revealed yet, but if you ran Doom 2016 on 1080p Ultra and got a consistent 60 FPS, my guess is you'll be able to play the game. You might not be able run it on Ultra, as it uses Id Tech 7 vs Doom 2016 using Id Tech 6, plus Eternal is said to have more content (3 realms) and may also have bigger maps.

My guess is worst case scenario you could have to run it on a mix of High and Med settings, and possibly see dips to 50 FPS in places, but that is still very playable. It's all a guess though, so if you preorder, which I never advise, it's best to get it on Steam where you can get a full refund if played less than 2 hours.

I also advise installing Nvidia Inspector, which has built in driver level optimizations for every game. It also has all the settings Nvidia Control Panel has plus some others it doesn't. I suggest setting the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance. It's far better to leave the Windows Power setting to Balanced and make the power adjustments for games in NCP or NI, because then your CPU will automatically run slower and cooler at idle.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Last edited: