[SOLVED] Question about my Ryzen 3700x; did I mess up the boost clock?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I’ve heard that the Ryzen 3000 cpu’s have an automatic boost clock feature, which you don’t need to enable. I still don’t understand it that well, but from what I understand, overclocking your cpu disables it. I didn’t know this at first, and unknowingly overclocked it. That was a while back. Since then I set it back to it’s stock speed. However, I recently turned on MSI game boost (I have the X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi) which I unknowingly turned on, not knowing that it interferes with your CPU clock speed. I turned it off soon after turning it on. My CPU is currently at it’s stock speed, and I just want to make sure; should the automatic boost clock feature be enabled right now? Or did I mess something up and need to fix it manually through Ryzen master?

Solution
You should go to the MSI support forums and ask other people that have your same motherboard about setting the A-XMP profile.
They may be able to post pictures of the settings in your BIOS to help you.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
If you go into your BIOS and set the Optimized Default settings then save the changes and reboot your CPU will use the stock settings and Precision Boost Overdrive will be enabled.
You will need to go back into the BIOS and re-enable the XMP (or DOCP) profile so your RAM will run at it's full rated speed and then save and reboot again.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
If you go into your BIOS and set the Optimized Default settings then save the changes and reboot your CPU will use the stock settings and Precision Boost Overdrive will be enabled.
You will need to go back into the BIOS and re-enable the XMP (or DOCP) profile so your RAM will run at it's full rated speed and then save and reboot again.
By optimized default settings, do you mean stock settings for the CPU and the fans (which were both affected by game boost)? If so, then I already did that. But if there’s more I have to do then please let me know. As for XMP, MSI’s BIOS offers something called A-XMP. I don’t have a great understanding of this either, but I figured I wouldn’t need it since I have trident z neo RAM running at DDR4-3600. Do you think I should turn it on anyway?