[SOLVED] Question about needed space

May 13, 2020
Hello everyone I am new here,

I have a question for you guys. Would you be satisfied with a 21.5 TB (6x4 TB) storage space where you store almost every single type of files (images, movies, documents, games, tv shows).

Solution
When dealing with 20+ TB data, you do have to ask what is irreplaceable ? That data has to have 3 copies in 2 physical locations. TV shows, movies, and most games can be lost without too many tears. Images, documents probably not. If you have a folder structure that makes those images and documents easy to backup then you are probably OK.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone I am new here,

I have a question for you guys. Would you be satisfied with a 21.5 TB (6x4 TB) storage space where you store almost every single type of files (images, movies, documents, games, tv shows).
Entirely subjective.
Some people are satisfied with whatever GB they have on the phone or iPad, and let someone else store that data.

Me, I have ~50TB available, in or attached to my NAS box.

(and don't forget to allocate space for backups..;) )

Reactions: punkncat

kanewolf

Titan
When dealing with 20+ TB data, you do have to ask what is irreplaceable ? That data has to have 3 copies in 2 physical locations. TV shows, movies, and most games can be lost without too many tears. Images, documents probably not. If you have a folder structure that makes those images and documents easy to backup then you are probably OK.

Solution