[SOLVED] Question about NH-L9x65

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi so i wanted to know if the NH-L9x65 would giving about the same cooling performance as my Deepcool Gammaxx 400s because right now i am using the Cooler Master NR400 ODD case with a triple slow EVGA GTX 1660 in my system and was thinking when i would replace my GPU for a double slot GPU that i would go to ITX but would of liked to replace my cooler as well so i would be sort of like ready for the swap and also my CPU is the i5 11400 which idle i get 31c and gaming about 52c with the cooler i have now.
The two other reasons as well for wanting to replace my cooler is for my M.2 slot which the only way for me to replace it in the future is to remove my cooler or my GPU so i can get to it and the fact i can't really access my one of me 2 dimm slots that are open so any information to let me know if this would be a good replacement for my reasons would be helpful.

P.S. the reason why i bought the Deepcool cooler is because at the time it was the most affordable being at 25$ Canadian which it looks like a big cooler in a small case and i wouldn't go for the AIO route as my case i would have to make a sacrifice (the ODD) to make sure it would fit inside.

Solution
Tbh i actually do like horizontal cpu cooler's instead but coolers like the Thermaltake Gravity i2 and the Deepcool Theta 20 are the cheaper horizontal coolers but i know they would only shave off like 2c to 6c over the Intel stock cooler but the one cooler i always look back on the NH-L9x65 to get similar temps to what i have now especially if i ever do go for a ITX build (When the GPU i would want would ever go into stock or if Nvidia would plan on making a desktop 3050 Ti) this is why i asked about it.
Understood. The Noctua will perform marginally better than an OEM heatsink. By its very nature and design, it won't be a huge difference. It mounts more securely, and that is a plus.

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
I suspect that the Deepcool will actually cool better than the Noctua you are asking about. The Deepcool will get better airflow in your case and should perform okay.

There are other Noctuas that would be better choices, like this one:

https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12a

Or, this one:

https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12s

Tbh i actually do like horizontal cpu cooler's instead but coolers like the Thermaltake Gravity i2 and the Deepcool Theta 20 are the cheaper horizontal coolers but i know they would only shave off like 2c to 6c over the Intel stock cooler but the one cooler i always look back on the NH-L9x65 to get similar temps to what i have now especially if i ever do go for a ITX build (When the GPU i would want would ever go into stock or if Nvidia would plan on making a desktop 3050 Ti) this is why i asked about it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Understood. The Noctua will perform marginally better than an OEM heatsink. By its very nature and design, it won't be a huge difference. It mounts more securely, and that is a plus.

Solution