ghezziryan

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
I have recently installed some components and after a few days my computer makes a buzzing noise on occasion, it stops when I pat or touch the case and or water cooler (im not suggesting that its the water cooler). The noise occasionally starts when I touch the case in general. I checked all the fans to see if it was one of them but Im pretty sure its not. I know what a faulty fan sounds like and that is not it. after moving some things around and tightening some screws the noise no longer appears out of nowhere but rather it is constantly very faint. I know for a fact it is not coil whine on any components. And I also checked the water cooler for not being tight or something. Another question is my psu makes a sqeak noise a few times when it starts up (this is the second psu I’ve had do this) and I was wondering if it was normal or not.

DavidM012

Distinguished
Coil whine would be higher frequency than a rattly bearing in a fan. But a rattly bearing wouldn't be intermittent it would drone. Coil whine could be intermittent or droning. How's it a fact if there is in fact a sound? The pump also has moving parts. The fan on the psu or the pump or cha fans are the only items with moving parts apart from a spinny hdd.

Specified db(A) of pump?