Question about Nvidia GTX Cards to be released in 2017

G

I just rebuilt my gaming PC, but held of on replacing my Asus GTX 970 since we are not that far off from the supposed release of new or updated Nvidia GTX cards. I just read this article: http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/asus-to-refresh-gtx-1080-and-gtx-1060-with-faster-memory/. My question is are the cards mentioned in this article officially going to be the Nvidia GTX card line up for 2017 or is there still a chance that Nvidia will release successors to the GTX 1000 series such as an 1100 or 2000 series this summer? Thanks in advance.

Solution
11xx card will be named as "pascal refresh" or "pascal 2nd revision". Same as the 750ti and all 9xx series line.
The first "Maxwell" based card is 750ti, and the 2nd revision Maxwell card is all GTX 9xx card.

High probability that the 2nd revision "pascal" will not gain much performance boost, only 15-25%. IMO

GPU market moves pretty fast but i would say your safe for no new stuff from nvidia for at least 6+ months with recent 1080ti. I would guess even 11xx series will be just rebrand anyways with same architecture.

11xx card will be named as "pascal refresh" or "pascal 2nd revision". Same as the 750ti and all 9xx series line.
The first "Maxwell" based card is 750ti, and the 2nd revision Maxwell card is all GTX 9xx card.

High probability that the 2nd revision "pascal" will not gain much performance boost, only 15-25%. IMO

Solution