Question about open channel on my wi-fi network

Gloomba

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
I was messing about in my network settings out of boredom and noticed this open/unencryted channel in my wi-fi network. Is this cause for concern? Why it's it not protected like all other channels?
http://imgur.com/a/mVENW
mVENW

How many network devices do you have. There are a lot using the same SSID. You will want to track it down and change the settings. You should be able to see the mac address of the device maybe with your PC or your phone if you look for networks.

If you only have a single router I would change the SSID to something unique you will have all kinds of problems if you use the same SSID as other people.

Gloomba

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
There are usually 3 PC's, 3 smartphones, and 3 streaming devices connected to one router. The SSID is unique and was actually recently changed. Forgive my neophyte-level understanding of wireless networks; but are you saying that these channels are actually devices currently connected to my network? Or are you saying that these are all access points to my network? I have no idea why it would be the latter... I never set-up multiple access points.