question about pc gaming with card/system

elibabes

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
hey guys, im having a problem running fifa 17, it uses the new frostbite engine, and demands a dual core minimum

the problem, i should add is that im getting massive stuttering and freezing in the game - whereas with all the other fifas even fifa 16 i could run them maxed out no problem

so, a person i know - two people i know actually, have the same graphics card as me on their system - and it works fine for them the game no stutter or anything

however, my processor is less than the minimum amount, whereas theirs are very good

now my question is this

will buying a new good graphics card, and keeping the same processor fix the problem

or - will that make no difference at all, and i will still get the stutter

will rep anyone who replies

cheers!

Solution
FIFA won't run on less than 4 threads as far as I know.
I have read about people running it on a Pentium as well but it was on a 1151 socket. However idk how trustworthy those reports are.
And generally, never trust anyone on YouTube.

Since the Pentium is not really good for gaming anyway I'd upgrade to an i3 or an i5 on the 1150 socket so you can keep your mainboard.

An i3-4160 is around 100€ and provides the performance you'll need.

Also your GPU is not officially supported but the GT400 series should run it anyway, seen lots of reports saying it works. But I wouldn't expect much performance and I certainly won't guarantee it.

A GTX 750 Ti would be another 100 bucks

elibabes

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

when you say gpu u mean graphics card?
cheers

elibabes

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

my point is this - i know my pc processor isnt great
but a friend of mine can run is with the gts 450 that i have, its just their processor is better

thats why, if possible id only like to upgrade one of the two

Yes

elibabes

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

oh god here goes

i have a intel g3258
sockeet 1150lga
dual core 3.20ghz

:( when i l;ook on youtube some people are running it with a g3258 im so confused

It could be they have overclocked their cpu, that CPU on the right motherboard, cooler and psu can be overclocked a lot. Have you tried the game on the very lowest settings?

The other thing is YouTube is full of lies or people not giving the full truth about what they have tweaked to make a game run on particular hardware so be careful of believing random peoples vids.

elibabes

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
do you reckon if i significantly upgrade my cpu today to the recommended amount
that with the gts 450 on lower settings i should be able to half decently run the game?

FIFA won't run on less than 4 threads as far as I know.
I have read about people running it on a Pentium as well but it was on a 1151 socket. However idk how trustworthy those reports are.
And generally, never trust anyone on YouTube.

Since the Pentium is not really good for gaming anyway I'd upgrade to an i3 or an i5 on the 1150 socket so you can keep your mainboard.

An i3-4160 is around 100€ and provides the performance you'll need.

Also your GPU is not officially supported but the GT400 series should run it anyway, seen lots of reports saying it works. But I wouldn't expect much performance and I certainly won't guarantee it.

A GTX 750 Ti would be another 100 bucks

Solution
It impossible for me to say how well it would run as I have never run it on that gpu, I doubt you will find reliable benchmarks either. However you said you knew 2 people running the same gpu, well if you remove the CPU limitation then there is no reason for yours to perform differently if you are gaming at the same resolution.