[SOLVED] question about pc

lightningg

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
Hello ,I got some questions about the pc I'm gonna buy.

So I'm gonna build the following pc:

Ryzen 5 3600
Patriot viper 4 series 16 gb DDR4 ram 3200mhz dual channel(2x8)
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 VENTUS GP
MOBO Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
HDD Seagate BarraCuda 1TB Sata-III 7200RPM 64MB
SSD M.2 Kingston A2000 500GB PCI-Express 3.0
Cpu cooler: CPU ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Basic
PSU: Seasonic S12III-550,80+ bronze, 550W
Case: Regnum RG4 Pure Black

First question would be , is the PSU enough for this system(550W) ? Will it be loud under load ? I don't plan to OC.
Second question would be , I realised the memory won't come as 3200mhz running but at a lower speed , and from what i saw you need to O.C it , or use a profile XMP.
If i overclock the ram/use the profile with 3200mhz ,is that gonna use more power from the PSU ? Is overclocking the ram even the same as overclocking the CPU/GPU?And will that damage the cpu or make it like be overclocked aswell? Should I even consider O.C/XMP the 3200mhz ram or should i let it at something like 2933 since that's not O.C ?

Thanks.

Solution
I'm gonna use it for games.
I've heard the ryzen CPUs depend on the ram's speed aswell and i saw some test on youtube where 3200mhz gets more fps compared to like 2933mhz,and people recommend the 3200mhz for good usage of the cpu.
Check the link to calculate the power supply it gives some good details, i agree that ryzen prefers faster memory and more ram channels but i dont think it should be alot, did you look at some benchmark or live gameplay? Bcz i feel it not worth oc for few framerates.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3eqBd_bi3ArQVop6ZTlBPJ

lightningg

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
I don't plan upgrading in the closer future , and if I will , I'm gonna change mobo and psu aswell with the other components , I'm just asking for now , on this particular build if it's enough.

Hello ,I got some questions about the pc I'm gonna buy.

So I'm gonna build the following pc:

Ryzen 5 3600
Patriot viper 4 series 16 gb DDR4 ram 3200mhz dual channel(2x8)
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 VENTUS GP
MOBO Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
HDD Seagate BarraCuda 1TB Sata-III 7200RPM 64MB
SSD M.2 Kingston A2000 500GB PCI-Express 3.0
Cpu cooler: CPU ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Basic
PSU: Seasonic S12III-550,80+ bronze, 550W
Case: Regnum RG4 Pure Black

First question would be , is the PSU enough for this system(550W) ? Will it be loud under load ? I don't plan to OC.
Second question would be , I realised the memory won't come as 3200mhz running but at a lower speed , and from what i saw you need to O.C it , or use a profile XMP.
If i overclock the ram/use the profile with 3200mhz ,is that gonna use more power from the PSU ? Is overclocking the ram even the same as overclocking the CPU/GPU?And will that damage the cpu or make it like be overclocked aswell? Should I even consider O.C/XMP the 3200mhz ram or should i let it at something like 2933 since that's not O.C ?

Thanks.
Well if you are not planning to oc why buy a cpu cooler amd includes good cooler, personally i won't get a cooler if I'm not oc? Anyway if you want it get. Well I think 550 watt should be well enough to oc memory. Why do you want to oc your memory? For what are you going to use your pc primarily?

lightningg

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
I've heard the ryzen CPUs depend on the ram's speed aswell and i saw some test on youtube where 3200mhz gets more fps compared to like 2933mhz,and people recommend the 3200mhz for good usage of the cpu.

Check the link to calculate the power supply it gives some good details, i agree that ryzen prefers faster memory and more ram channels but i dont think it should be alot, did you look at some benchmark or live gameplay? Bcz i feel it not worth oc for few framerates.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3eqBd_bi3ArQVop6ZTlBPJ

Solution

TRENDING THREADS