[SOLVED] Question about Pigtail & PC Won't Turn ON!

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Hey, recently I've upgraded to RTX 3080 (From 1080) and I've used pigtail 8pin to get the job done, even for the RTX 3080, but I noticed it only draws 280 power instead of ~330, so I got the second cable from the box and replaced the pigtail with the standalone 8pin's and the PC won't turn on, but I do hear a click.

Solution
Changing from 1 PCIe 6+2 cable where you used both connection on that cable on the GPU to 2 6+2 cable where you only use 1 on each should work.

Unless there is an issue with the PSU, Cable or the GPU at the moment this should work.

If you connect it back with only 1 PCIe 6+2 cable does it work?

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Well...the 2x connections on the GPU are looking for 2x connections from the PSU.
Not 1x connection split into two.

A 3080 needs two actual connections.
Maybe you didn't understand what I said on the original post.

I've been running the RTX 3080 on a single cable that splits into two 8pins and working fine, just now I decided to use 2 seperate 8pins connected to the GPU and it won't turn on.

Changing from 1 PCIe 6+2 cable where you used both connection on that cable on the GPU to 2 6+2 cable where you only use 1 on each should work.

Unless there is an issue with the PSU, Cable or the GPU at the moment this should work.

Solution

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014

Yeah, connecting it back to the 1 cable that is 8 pin to double 8pin works.

TRENDING THREADS