[SOLVED] Question about plugging in a 6+2 pin to a RX 580.

Jan 31, 2019
So I got a new Gigabyte Radeon RX580 and it has an 8 pin slot and I have a Thermaltake TR2 600W that comes with a 6 pin and a 6+2 pin. So easy, plug in the 6+2 right? Except nope, for some reason the 6+2 won't plug in all the way, like something was blocking it.
Any ideas? Solutions?
Also just so I don't do something stupid I'd like to know if it's possible to just put the +2 on the other 6.

Solution
I narrowed it down to the 6 pin having some sort of internal damage. It probably has one of the pins bent inside. I plugged the card with the other 6 pin and the 2 pin. Everything works fine. This is solved.
How do I mark this as solved I see no option to select this as the solution I guess because it's my own post.
Jan 31, 2019
I don't know what the problem is. I can plug the 6 pin to the card no problem but when I try the 6+2 it's like it gets stuck with something, it just won't plug in all the way. And about the +2 I mean plugging in the 2 additional pins with the other 6 pin connector and not the 6 pin one they originally go with.

Edit I'll specify even more. It's not that the cable is getting stuck anywhere, it's the 6 pin plug in the 6+2 pin that won't connect completely into the 8 pin slot. It feels like it gets blocked by something inside the slot. The other 6 pin plug however can go into the 8 pin slot with no problem. So my idea is that since both 6 pins are identical and I checked the connection parallel with one of those voltage checkers and it checks out, so theoretically I should be able to take the 2 pin and use it with the other 6 pin, which I can do no problems physically speaking.

gogi

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
You gotta plug the 2 pin first, or better yet you gotta fuse them before applying since thr 2 pin has 2 little teeth sticking out of its side. Make sure you fuse it right in your hand first then plug it in

Jan 31, 2019
At Gogi.
Nope. That's not the issue at all. It won't plug in regardless of connecting the 2 pin first or putting them together beforehand. It's actually the first and second thing I tried because I do know how to plug in the 6+2.

Jan 31, 2019
I narrowed it down to the 6 pin having some sort of internal damage. It probably has one of the pins bent inside. I plugged the card with the other 6 pin and the 2 pin. Everything works fine. This is solved.
How do I mark this as solved I see no option to select this as the solution I guess because it's my own post.

Solution