[SOLVED] Question about print head nozzle build

Dasa

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Kindly check the picture here

View: https://i.imgur.com/prFxgEG.jpg

My question: is the line (print nozzle) indicated by red arrow has some kind of net on it or a cavity? I used a pin to clean a small part of one of the lines and I think I ruined it (made a hole in it) but have not tested it yet, or is it supposed to be opened (so it is currently semi blocked)?

Anyone know for sure the build of the nozzle, I can't see it well and have no zooming tool?

Canon maxify mb2740

Edit: pic not mine and not exact printer

Last edited:
Solution
What was the original printing problem: streaking, gaps in printing, smudges, misaligned output, etc.?

If you used a pin and poked a hole into the printhead then the printhead is likely ruined.

Tolerances are very tight and cleaning is usually limited to wiping with a soft swab and alcohol.

Or, to be more specific, clean the printer and printhead only IAW the printer's applicable User Guide/Manual.

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original printing problem: streaking, gaps in printing, smudges, misaligned output, etc.?

If you used a pin and poked a hole into the printhead then the printhead is likely ruined.

Tolerances are very tight and cleaning is usually limited to wiping with a soft swab and alcohol.

Or, to be more specific, clean the printer and printhead only IAW the printer's applicable User Guide/Manual.

Reactions: Dasa
Solution

Dasa

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hi Ralston18, thanks for replying

I have a feeling it was ruined too so there is no point in solving original problem if I need a new head which is expensive... I feel like crap, why the F did I have to use a pin at the last moment, I was about to test it after cleaning without my genius move.

Since you asked, the original problem is error B504 while the machine trying to print or starting (I guess it had a task in the pool), I guess has something to do with ink not going out? not sure.

Ralston18

Titan
Hopefully you can find and salvage a replacement printhead via another printer that failed for some other reason.

Google the part number and you might find a reasonably priced replacement.

As always, with respect to online purchases, "caveat emptor".

Reactions: Dasa

Dasa

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hopefully you can find and salvage a replacement printhead via another printer that failed for some other reason.

Google the part number and you might find a reasonably priced replacement.

As always, with respect to online purchases, "caveat emptor".

I tried to test a print but I got the same error B504 any idea about fixing that to be able to do a test print?

Dasa

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Dasa

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
It's just as likely that the aftermarket companies are not complying with the correct formula for the ink. Particles too large or whatever.

Almost everybody knows that printing companies are scammers, they sell you a few drops of colored water more expensive than the printer itself, biggest rip in history, yeah I am sure they didn't design it to make sure anything not from them clogs it, it's just my evil imagination in a very innocent world, it's not like that it doesn't happens everyday in tech world by big companies part of their efforts to make more billions they can't even spend.