Question Question About PSU

Jan 10, 2020
Hello All!

So I'm here once again due to another question i always want to thank for the last topic that i have made and i was helped right!

I'm currently having the Dell PSU 250W As its shown in the PIC posted. I current have another Power Supply Spare one " Which i may want to replace with the stock Dell one that is howing with the " Allied 300W But i want some of your opnion if its a good idea and if its better please just give me your thoughts if its good idea etc... with the specs showing thank you

Dell Stock Current IN

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello All!

So I'm here once again due to another question i always want to thank for the last topic that i have made and i was helped right!

I'm currently having the Dell PSU 250W As its shown in the PIC posted. I current have another Power Supply Spare one " Which i may want to replace with the stock Dell one that is howing with the " Allied 300W But i want some of your opnion if its a good idea and if its better please just give me your thoughts if its good idea etc... with the specs showing thank you once again.

Additional Info About my Specs In Case:
Win 7 Home Premium
I5 3470 3.2 ( 4 Cores )
GT 710 2GB
1 TB HDD
12 GB Ram

Dell Stock Current IN

What are you trying to do? Both power supplies are garbage if you're doing any kind of upgrade. Dell has some good OEM power supplies in many of their prebuilts, but those are usually made by Delta, certainly not Lite-On. The Allied is no better and quite possibly worse.

Reactions: GregUS91
Jan 10, 2020

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
No, I wouldn't recommend the W1, that's not one of the good models from EVGA.

First off, just to be certain, is your existing Dell PSU a standard ATX-sized unit, physically? If not, getting a replacement for it may be difficult.

If it is the normal ATX form factor, then take a look at my sig. The first link is a forum thread, and the first post in it has a pretty comprehensive rundown of good vs bad PSUs.

Reactions: GregUS91
Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for all your reply's , do you have any " Suggestion " what i can get most powerful with most "Watts" and most out as i can get on my budget around 60$ max.