[SOLVED] Question about putting in new RAM

Oct 30, 2020
Hello, So yesterday I bought a new PC from a friend, its an Omen Obelisk, and I have a question regarding the RAM.

In my old desktop i had 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3200Mhz. it had 4 DIMM slots.
In my new desktop it has 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 speccy says its @ 1066Mhz, This only has 2 DIMM slots

I tried putting 2 of the 8GB sticks from my old to new and It got stuck in a boot loop.
Does anybody know why this could be? I thought it was to do with the frequency but apparently the motherboard just underclocks the speed if it do support it.

qz2u1w9.png

Solution
If the kit worked fine in your old system, it's probably not dead.

You can easily test this by only installing ONE 8GB stick. Test. Then swap in ONLY the other 8GB stick.

Just tried it with another stick and one that wasnt working on PC, Turns out one of the original 8GB sticks were infact dead
Oct 30, 2020
Seeing as though it's an OEM machine, QVL or just a straight RAM capacity limit are my guesses.
Hey there, I would like to also add it Supports 8GB and 16GB DDR4 UDIMM's up to 32GB on 64bit Computers..
could it possibly be one stick is dead so its not letting the other work and if so would that trigger the boot loop?

Oct 30, 2020
If the kit worked fine in your old system, it's probably not dead.

You can easily test this by only installing ONE 8GB stick. Test. Then swap in ONLY the other 8GB stick.

Just tried it with another stick and one that wasnt working on PC, Turns out one of the original 8GB sticks were infact dead

Solution