Question Question about ram hardware reserved

Apr 15, 2019
Is it normal to have a ram hardware reserved? im using athlone 200ge with vega 3 graphics.
my ram is 8gb kingston hyperx.

2.1gb is allocated as hardware reserved and the rest (5.9gb) is my useable ram.

thanks

Darkbreeze

Titan
Are you running a Windows installation that existed BEFORE you began using the Athlon processor and platform?

In other words, were you using this Windows installation with a different motherboard and CPU prior to having the Ryzen?

Darkbreeze

Titan
yes, i used my friend bootable usb.
That's not what I asked. When you built this system, did you do a NEW installation of Windows, or did you use the OLD Windows installation?

As for the 2.1GB of memory usage, seems high to me. I don't know for sure and can't find any definite specs on it, but I'm not sure I recall any iGPU that uses 2GB+ of system memory. It's possible though since this is a newer higher performance architecture when it comes to the graphics.

Darkbreeze

Titan
Then I'd say the system is probably actually using that for the graphics. Again, it seems a bit high and usually with integrated graphics there might be a setting in the BIOS for you to change the amount of memory that is dedicated to the iGPU, so you might look there as well.