[SOLVED] Question about RAM XMP profile, I'm noob, please help

spardason

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
Hello, so i've had a ryzen 5 2400g with a 1060 gtx and 16 ram dual ddr4 3000 mhz for a year now, I noticed that in the BIOS my ram was running at 2133 mhz, so i updated the BIOS (my mobo is a little Asrock A320m-HDV, i know, is not much) and I was able to use this thing called XMP profile (that option wasn't available before) and now is showing the 3000 mhz, my question is, will i notice an upgrade? is there a big or small difference in performance? i play a lot, will my fps improve? I ask because apparently, Ryzen loves some good ram

Solution
Yes, the difference between 2133mhz and 3000mhz, on Ryzen, is appreciable. Whether it's actually noticeable to YOU or not, is a different story. But yes, the faster you can get the memory, and still maintain stability and compatibility, on Ryzen, the better. To a point anyhow. Running at the XMP profile is ALWAYS recommended when possible because there are far more factors involved than just the clock frequency of the memory. The memory profile carries other important configuration settings such as primary, secondary and tertiary timings, and voltage requirements, so you want those to be set as intended in most cases.
Yes, the difference between 2133mhz and 3000mhz, on Ryzen, is appreciable. Whether it's actually noticeable to YOU or not, is a different story. But yes, the faster you can get the memory, and still maintain stability and compatibility, on Ryzen, the better. To a point anyhow. Running at the XMP profile is ALWAYS recommended when possible because there are far more factors involved than just the clock frequency of the memory. The memory profile carries other important configuration settings such as primary, secondary and tertiary timings, and voltage requirements, so you want those to be set as intended in most cases.

Solution