[SOLVED] Question about RAM

Apr 24, 2020
What do i need to look at so i can know is my RAM low density memory or high density memory ?
Do i need to look at chip, bus, pins ?
Do i need to look at clock rate, cycle time, transfer rate, bandwidth...

Solution
Look 1 guy told me that problem because my PC is crashing when i installed the new ram KHX1333C9D3B1/4G is because it's probably because RAM is high density and my MotherBoard only supports low density since it's old one 775 socket
He is correct that your motherboard uses low density -- he is wrong about the density, that is low density memory.

If you are mixing sticks that may well be a problem though, if you have any hope of them working together you must boot on the old memory and change the bios to use the slowest timings of either and highest voltage required of either.

Memory is only guaranteed to work in sets -- if you buy individual sticks you run the chance of them not working together.

RealBeast

Titan
What do i need to look at so i can know is my RAM low density memory or high density memory ?
Do i need to look at chip, bus, pins ?
Do i need to look at clock rate, cycle time, transfer rate, bandwidth...
The first thing you need to do is to look at the motherboard QVL (qualified vendor list) on the support page for your motherboard. Then check your budget and buy the speed and quantity that you need and can afford.

Apr 24, 2020
The first thing you need to do is to look at the motherboard QVL (qualified vendor list) on the support page for your motherboard. Then check your budget and buy the speed and quantity that you need and can afford.
I am not being rude but i am know what i am doing i just want to know how to check if my ram is low density or high density
no rude :D

Apr 24, 2020
But it doesn't say anywhere if RAM is low density i think only i can find out if RAM is low density since nowhere on any site or on kingston site it doesn't says if RAM is low density

RealBeast

Titan
All sources that I see rate your memory and the KHX you listed as low density.

You cannot tell by looking at the sticks, there is no visual difference, but high density was only for servers in that era so almost all consumer memory is low density and follow JEDEC standards.

edit: the difference is internal to the memory modules. With high density each chip was organized as 227 4-bit words (128M×4) rather than as 64M×8 in low density JEDEC compliant chips.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020
All sources that I see rate your memory and the KHX you listed as low density.

You cannot tell by looking at the sticks, there is no visual difference, but high density was only for servers in that era so almost all consumer memory is low density and follow JEDEC standards .
Look 1 guy told me that problem because my PC is crashing when i installed the new ram KHX1333C9D3B1/4G is because it's probably because RAM is high density and my MotherBoard only supports low density since it's old one 775 socket

Apr 24, 2020
As RealBeast said, most RAM is low density. This is no exception. You PC is crashing for another reason, CPU overheating, HDD/SDD errors. If it was incompatible RAM you'd get a beep code and no post.
I was using KHX1333C9D3B1 once my PC crashed, first i was thinking that it's not problem with RAM since my PC turned ON but it just gived me Blue Screen. So i was trying restarting my PC changing slots but nothing. And then i installed KTH9600B/4G RAM that i know is working since right now i am using that RAM and it works. So only reasonable thing not to work is RAM, even tho i checked everything and RAM was working but for some reason it don't want to work inside my PC

Aug 30, 2019
I was using KHX1333C9D3B1 once my PC crashed, first i was thinking that it's not problem with RAM since my PC turned ON but it just gived me Blue Screen. So i was trying restarting my PC changing slots but nothing. And then i installed KTH9600B/4G RAM that i know is working since right now i am using that RAM and it works. So only reasonable thing not to work is RAM, even tho i checked everything and RAM was working but for some reason it don't want to work inside my PC
It's probably some other issue, but not density. Maybe the RAM speed is set wrong or is overheating.

Aug 30, 2019
I can install that RAM and i can go in BIOS it will not crash till i dont write my password on PC
If you can go into the bios check what the RAM is set to and its specs. Maybe it's just defective. If you can get into bios it's not a density error. Swap them into other slots or test one by one.

Apr 24, 2020
If you can go into the bios check what the RAM is set to and its specs. Maybe it's just defective. If you can get into bios it's not a density error. Swap them into other slots or test one by one.
I just checked and RAM KHX1333C9D3B1 is low density so i don't know whyat can make this problem