[SOLVED] Question about Reference 2060 Super and Performance

Feb 19, 2019
I'm eying a Reference 2060 Super right now and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get another version of that card? I'm not really big on Overclocking, I just let the software OC what it can and leave it at that. I play 1080p 144hz but for future proofing assume it's 1440p, is it worth it? If so, what should I consider?

Solution
Graphics card vendors bin their chips and use the better ones in factory overclocked versions
that they can sell for more. You may be able to OC more, but then again, perhaps not.
They try to differentiate by adding cosmetics and fancy coolers which also sell for more.
I do think you get fair value from a modest factory overclocked card.
If you need more performance, they buy a higher tier card in the first place.
Graphics card vendors bin their chips and use the better ones in factory overclocked versions
that they can sell for more. You may be able to OC more, but then again, perhaps not.
They try to differentiate by adding cosmetics and fancy coolers which also sell for more.

Solution
Feb 19, 2019
Thank you for your input, much appreciated.