[SOLVED] Question about sagging AIO CPU radiator

Nov 1, 2020
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the HP Omen 30L GT13-0295xt.

The issue I am having is with the computer's liquid CPU cooling system. The radiator and fan are mounted to the top of the case, and it appears to me that it is only secured to the case with two screws. These two screws are both toward the glass side-cover of the case (left, if oriented looking at the front of the case). The radiator is "sagging" a bit as a consequence. The back half, closest to the motherboard (right, if oriented looking at the front of the case), droops by a solid half inch or so from the top of the case to the radiator mounting plate.

I have never had a liquid cooled PC before, and so I am not really sure if this is to be expected, or if something has gone awry. The radiator fan is spinning away as normal, and temperatures are perfectly acceptable (idle in 40's, 60's under load per HWMonitor). The radiator is not physically touching the motherboard, and does not appear to be in any immediate danger of doing so. After taking the glass side-cover off and looking around as closely as I can, there does NOT appear to be any rear side (closest to motherboard) mounting holes or screw holes on the mounting plate or the top of the case for the radiator. It looks as though it was designed to only be secured by two screws.

So, is everything okeydokey? Or, do I have a potential problem on my hands?

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Halcy

Pictures of the issue: View: https://imgur.com/a/nuyWQio

Solution
My recommendation:

See if you can remove the top as mentioned above and investigate if it simply pulled through the mounting points or if the screws are just missing.

- If missing:

Take a screw with you to a hardware store and find a similar screw of both length and thread pitch...get as many of these as you need.

Get home, install these new screws. in the missing holes

- If pulled through:

Take a screw with you to a hardware store and find a similar screw of both length and thread pitch...get as many of these as you need. You will also need washers to fit which will not pull through the mounting holes or through the head of the screw.

Get home, install the screws/washers.
AFIK, it should not be like that.

Can you take off the top of the case and access the 2 screws that are holding the radiator? If you can, you might try and see if you can move one of them so it's using screw hole that is diagonal from the other one (the one still screwed in).

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
My recommendation:

See if you can remove the top as mentioned above and investigate if it simply pulled through the mounting points or if the screws are just missing.

- If missing:

Take a screw with you to a hardware store and find a similar screw of both length and thread pitch...get as many of these as you need.

Get home, install these new screws. in the missing holes

- If pulled through:

Take a screw with you to a hardware store and find a similar screw of both length and thread pitch...get as many of these as you need. You will also need washers to fit which will not pull through the mounting holes or through the head of the screw.

Get home, install the screws/washers.

Solution