[SOLVED] Question About Seasonic SSR-750PX for Ryzen/RTX build

GamingGatsby

Prominent
Oct 4, 2019
So I am putting together a build. I’m thinking on getting a Ryzen 3800X and RTX2070. My wattage should be around 550 according to pc part picker.. my only concern is that the CPU is near 100 watts before OC, and the psu shows the 3.3V and 5V rails start 100watts, will it work or do I need to find something with more wattage on those rails? (Also not 100% sure if those are even the rails for CPU power.. saw something online that said it is)

Picked the PSU off this Best Power Supplies 2019

Thanks

Solution
Cpu @ 165w peak
Gpu @ 230w peak
Add 100w for the rest of the pc and you'll be at maximum draw of @ 500w. That's if you crank everything to absolute maximum. Which never happens. Gaming loads generally top out @ 70% of maximum, so heavy continuous gaming is only going to pull @ 350w or so.

A 750w is a little oversized, but fine, you could even use a 650w and not break a sweat. Either would still put you in the 50-70% usage range, which is optimal for thermals, efficiency and output regulation.

With either a 650w or 750w there's only one recommendation I'd advise is gospel. That there be enough EPS (that's the 12v cpu supplemental power) to fill the 8+4/8+8 that your x570 board choice asks for. Been too many posts regarding that...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu @ 165w peak
Gpu @ 230w peak
Add 100w for the rest of the pc and you'll be at maximum draw of @ 500w. That's if you crank everything to absolute maximum. Which never happens. Gaming loads generally top out @ 70% of maximum, so heavy continuous gaming is only going to pull @ 350w or so.

A 750w is a little oversized, but fine, you could even use a 650w and not break a sweat. Either would still put you in the 50-70% usage range, which is optimal for thermals, efficiency and output regulation.

With either a 650w or 750w there's only one recommendation I'd advise is gospel. That there be enough EPS (that's the 12v cpu supplemental power) to fill the 8+4/8+8 that your x570 board choice asks for. Been too many posts regarding that subject, it's very iffy and no concrete evidence whether only full or partial is valid.

Solution