[SOLVED] Question about selling PC

Feb 9, 2019
So this past year I built my first PC that was always meant to be a temporary introduction build, and the time has come where I want to sell it while the parts are still valuable.

My situation:
- I want to sell the PC as a whole to get rid of it ASAP
- I want to keep only the SSD and HD

My questions:
1. Do I need to clean/wipe anything or can I just pop out the SSD and HD then sell it as is?
2. I bought everything online and don't have the receipts, but I kept the boxes. Will the manufacturer's warranty cover them as long as they have the boxes?

Keep in mind I know very little about how individual components function which is why it may sound stupid*

Solution
Not sure if your 'clean/wipe' question is about physical cleanliness of a case/fans, etc., or from a data security standpoint, but, obviously if you are keeping the drives...there is no reason to worry about data still being on them.

If you don't have receipts, there may be little recourse for proving how old a hypothetical failing part is, but, since you are selling it anyway....that's the new owner's issue, right?
Not sure if your 'clean/wipe' question is about physical cleanliness of a case/fans, etc., or from a data security standpoint, but, obviously if you are keeping the drives...there is no reason to worry about data still being on them.

If you don't have receipts, there may be little recourse for proving how old a hypothetical failing part is, but, since you are selling it anyway....that's the new owner's issue, right?

Solution