Question About Setting Ram's Timing Manual that Has No XMP Support

Sep 22, 2018
Hello,
I was reading about Rams and found out that when your ram has no xmp support, you need to manual set the timming according to what is written on the ram itself
on mine I see 16-16-16-39, I went to bios and saw it was on Auto but there were weird numbers
I dont remeber them all but what I remember is the 39 was 40+
from what I know, lower timming = faster ram
so I wrote my numbers which my ram made with : 16 16 16 39
I booted and checked CPUZ and found there is something called tRC and its 55 clocks

no I am worried because the number seems so big. can you please check screenshot and tell me if its okay orr not?
Screenshots: https://ibb.co/dspixU
https://ibb.co/jyP5Bp

specs:
Ram ELITE PLUS U-DIMM DDR4 1x8gb 2400mhz (16cl-16-16-39)
Msi b350 gaming plus
R7 1700x (OC with "msi game boost" to be 3.6mhz)
CM hyper 212 Led Turbo

Solution

What kit do you suggest?[/quotemsg]

G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory or the 2x4 gb kit accordingly. The faster the ram, the better the Ryzen performance.
Sep 22, 2018

It is updated to lastest version but on bios I see "XMP not supported" I thought maybe my ram brand is not famous enough to have profile on my motherboard so I though I can manual it.

Sep 22, 2018

I understand, I just was on tight budget so I bought single ram,
I am planning to get another one soon.
BTW can I dual channel with 4gb\ ram and the 8gb I have if they are both same speed, timming and frequency?
like this :
Elite Plus DDR4 1x8 gb 2400 mhz + Elite Plus DDR4 1x4 Gb 2400 mhz

It may work yes but it's not guaranteed. It may not work at all also as this setup can really picky with memory. Better sell the 8gb and buy a new kit. You won't loose much

Sep 22, 2018
It may work yes but it's not guaranteed. It may not work at all also as this setup can really picky with memory. Better sell the 8gb and buy a new kit. You won't loose much [/quotemsg]

What kit do you suggest?

What kit do you suggest?[/quotemsg]

G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory or the 2x4 gb kit accordingly. The faster the ram, the better the Ryzen performance.

Solution