Question Question about Settings for Windows 10 Apps and Software of gaming services such as Origin, GOG, Steam, and Nvidia

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I plan to rebuild or replace my gaming PC either the end of this year or early next year. Over the last several years I have made changes to my accounts and settings on both the app/software and web versions of gaming services such as Nvidia Geforce Experience and Nvidia's web site, Origin, GOG, and Steam. Now I am aware that the changes to the account settings of those services that I made online, such as security, privacy, and ads should still be there when I get a new gaming PC. I also know I can log into my accounts on the apps/software that I downloaded from those web services on my Windows 10 operating system.

My question is, when I replace my gaming PC, reinstall the mentioned apps/software, and log back into my accounts, will the settings that I made to those apps in the previous gaming pc still be the way I left them or will they return to their manufacturer default settings (e.g. game download folders, game video recording settings, keyboard settings, controller settings, etc.) ?

Thanks.

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Thank you for your answers. The only two other question I have is somewhat related to the first question. First, I plan to create a new google account and start fresh before I move over to the new PC. In the interim, I will continue using my existing Google Account. I have made changes to both my desktop Google Chrome and YouTube Music App. I would like to start completely fresh with Google Chrome and the YouTube Music App with my new account and have their settings back at manufacturer default. Even if I made changes to my new Google Account settings online or not, when I install Chrome and YouTube Music on the new machine, will the settings within the apps/software also return to their factory settings when installed on the new PC or will my settings also carry over to the new PC?

Second, there is a software remover program called IObit Uninstaller Pro. Unlike the uninstallation program built into Windows 10, which leaves traces of a program after uninstallation, it is supposed to remove all associated files and subfolders associated with the program that I wish to remove. If I wish to start fresh with my new Google Account before moving over to the new computer and have the Iobit Uninstaller remove Chrome and YouTube Music from my desktop and reinstall those programs, will they both reinstall with there manufacturer default settings or will any possible changes that I made to those programs still be there either after reinstallation or with the newer or older Google Accounts logged in?

Thanks again.