Question Question about Shared System Memory

Feb 23, 2020
My system information says installed RAM 24.0GB (16.0GB usable). My GPU device properties show 8GB of Shared System Memory. My task manager under the performance tab shows 8.0GB hardware reserved. I am assuming the device properties and task manager are referring to the same 8GB of memory, and that this 8GB of memory is what is missing as "usable" in my system information. So my question(s) are, is this actually "shared" and is my computer actually able to "use" this as it only says 16GB is usable according to my system information? Second question, why would my system ever show all 24GB available because I seem to remember a time before that I never had parenthesis of usable RAM, I had the full amount (and it showed the full amount with the same hardware configuration I have now, I haven't made changes to the hardware in years, is it a Windows 10 thing?)

Feb 23, 2020
My system information says installed RAM 24.0GB (16.0GB usable). My GPU device properties show 8GB of Shared System Memory. My task manager under the performance tab shows 8.0GB hardware reserved. I am assuming the device properties and task manager are referring to the same 8GB of memory, and that this 8GB of memory is what is missing as "usable" in my system information. So my question(s) are, is this actually "shared" and is my computer actually able to "use" this as it only says 16GB is usable according to my system information? Second question, why would my system ever show all 24GB available because I seem to remember a time before that I never had parenthesis of usable RAM, I had the full amount (and it showed the full amount with the same hardware configuration I have now, I haven't made changes to the hardware in years, is it a Windows 10 thing?)
Actually i have been facing same issue i recently cleaned my build and reinstalled windows 10 1909 and then it showed up 7.95gb of ram out of 8gb in task manager it shows 8gb full but in gpu tab it shows 4 gb shared memory i m really in trouble right now figuring out things xD btw this is something new u have how much memory showing in task manager?

Feb 23, 2020
Actually i have been facing same issue i recently cleaned my build and reinstalled windows 10 1909 and then it showed up 7.95gb of ram out of 8gb in task manager it shows 8gb full but in gpu tab it shows 4 gb shared memory i m really in trouble right now figuring out things xD btw this is something new u have how much memory showing in task manager?

It's nothing new, it's something I've overlooked for a long time until a few weeks ago I was down to 24GB (8GB usable). My GPU has 8GB onboard and I feel like that should be more than enough.

I can remember a time when my system reported I had 24GB with no parenthesis behind it and I don't understand why it's stuck the way it is now.