Question Question about speakers 2.1 Systems sounding weird

Cardinal-

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
So i am pretty sure there is no faulty hardware here, but i hope some one can point out what is the difference in speakers (i will explain below) so i know what to buy.
The story is, i need to change my speakers after like 8 years because the cable is a bit faulty and looses contact. This set of speakers is "Gembird WCS 221 multimedia 2.1" bought it in Greece years ago (i currently live in the UK) - i don't think i will find the same one to replace.
So i buy a pair of logitech z333 for something like 70 pounds. Great design, and looks, very handy outer control... i really don't want alot from speakers...just listen to some music and gaming RTS games. Here is the problem, the speakers sound lacking maybe in tremble , maybe in bass as well... i can't pinpoint what exactly it is... i have good music ear BUT this has nothing to do with it... i mean the difference is very big...in some sounds that i am used to from listening a million times from video games it feels like my ears are muffled with those speakers. I asked my girlfriend she notices the difference as well (maybe it wouldn't annoy her but its very noticable.)
I used some EQ settings and i actually feel like i fixed it and it is awesome (this also made me sure that the speakers are just made like that there is no problem with them). My settings where like the "powerful" EQ settings in realtek audio console only with smaller adjustments (like half the adjustment in the higher ends and even less than half in the lower ends)
Anyway, i return this speakers and i order another pair of speakers Tytan 2.1 for similiar price... i kinda think that i want to have speakers on default setting and listen well in all things... i also didn't mind the 70 pound price if it would be perfect...but if i am not totally satisfied and i have to EQ settings i might as well buy a cheaper pair, right?
Anyway Tytan 2.1 sounds pretty similar and is actually fixed almost the same way by the same EQ settings (it's a different brand right, TRUST is the brand...the others were logitech)

So far so good... i get it i might need to get used to the new sound first... BUT HERE IS WHERE SOME ONE WITH BETTER TECHNICHAL KNOWLEDGE MIGHT HELP ME
I tried a friends Creative pebble 2.1 system (that is powered by USB and is prblly half the price of the other 2 speaker systems i tried). This doesn't even have bass control on the subwoofer. And it is actually what i wanted.... i mean it plays on default 0 settings normally like i wanna hear...and if i use the EQ settings i fixed myself for the other speakers it sounds bad with very high treble.... WHAT GIVES?
I mean... is there something i can see on teh specifications of the speakers and understand which ones are for me? Does it make sense that the more expensive speakers need EQ settings to sound decent in an average sound on their low volume? I feel like there is something i don't understand at play here....
My only problem with the creative pebble system is that i didn't want to power it from PC and if i power it from adaptor at wall it makes a hiss sound.... otherwise i would just buy this one and return the TRUST tytan as well...
So long story short : Is there any technical specification or something that i could watch for when buying speakers that is different for
Logitech Z333 and Trust tytan 2.1 that both require EQ settings for me to sound 'normal'
And a much cheaper less powerful Creative pebble 2.1 that plays good by default setting?

Anyway.... if someone understands why/how the cheaper simpler version sounds better for me and what other better speakers have similar specifications so i go buy these i'd be glad.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I won't get PC speakers made by anyone other than Logitech I bought my first Z-2200 2.1 set in 2004. I had to replace the subwoofer in 2007 due to a move. So, I got two more satellite speakers with it. I have had a Z-2200 4.1 setup since then.

In terms of your Logitech Z333 2.1 system. There is no powering it from the PC. The subwoofer has to be plugged into the wall. The speakers connected to the back of the subwoofer. Last, A cable going from 'volume module', to the back of the PC.

The buzz/hiss can occur. If the speakers are too close to each other, or too close to your monitor.

Cardinal-

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
I won't get PC speakers made by anyone other than Logitech I bought my first Z-2200 2.1 set in 2004. I had to replace the subwoofer in 2007 due to a move. So, I got two more satellite speakers with it. I have had a Z-2200 4.1 setup since then.

In terms of your Logitech Z333 2.1 system. There is no powering it from the PC. The subwoofer has to be plugged into the wall. The speakers connected to the back of the subwoofer. Last, A cable going from 'volume module', to the back of the PC.

The buzz/hiss can occur. If the speakers are too close to each other, or too close to your monitor.
Yes, i know all this. I connected the speakers properly. The z333 is the ones i returned. In order for them to sound good (especially on the high frequencies) i had to use EQ settings... the same happened with the trust tytan. But, i didn't need to use EQ settings with the much cheaper creative pebble ones. Just to be clear because my last post was a wall of text unfortunately: I have tried all this speakers already and i know how they work...i am just wondering what is their difference technically or from a specification perspective that makes the more powerful ones need EQ settings at least on my motherboard (aorus b550)

Just reading the technical specs will not tell you how the speakers sound, or if you will like them vs the next person that listens to them. Since you liked the Pebble set, seems like you like more of a scooped sound with the higher end and maybe the low end boosted over the mids, looking for speakers described as having a "V shape sound" will help you find things you like.

The Pebble set is actually decent for what it is, it's a low power set so won't really do much for volume or good detail but it's better than some other cheaper sets.

Klipsh ProMedia would be a good 2.1 set to try, and you can find them used at a decent price.