[SOLVED] Question about strange fan noise and temps.

LittleKitten14

Honorable
Aug 1, 2014
Hi today is very hot in my room (around 30c) and during gaming with a lot going on screen I think I reached the highest temps my computer has ever got to.

I also had some strange noises from my pc I have never heard before, the fans made a super loud noise for a few seconds then went back down to normal noise when I game, it kept doing this a few times, I am asking if it is normal for the fans to make loud noise that lasts for only a couple of seconds instead of staying on for longer during high temps?

I panicked a bit and tabbed out to open up speccy and it showed only 73c on the gpu (which is around normal for me) and the cpu around 75c. I know when I tab out of the game my temps shoot down so I am unsure how high the temps actually got during the game.

I am just curious if everything is fine with my pc, I am not techy enough to check fan speeds, I don't know how to do anything like that I got this pc built for me and it uses a 2080 Ti gpu and a i9 9900k cpu.

so I would like to know.

Is it normal for fans to make really loud noises for a couple of seconds or should it have stayed louder for longer if the pc was getting too hot?

and if the pc does get too hot on the cpu or gpu it will shut down to prevent damage right?

I am a little paranoid since this pc was not cheap.

Solution
Hi today is very hot in my room (around 30c) and during gaming with a lot going on screen I think I reached the highest temps my computer has ever got to.

I also had some strange noises from my pc I have never heard before, the fans made a super loud noise for a few seconds then went back down to normal noise when I game, it kept doing this a few times, I am asking if it is normal for the fans to make loud noise that lasts for only a couple of seconds instead of staying on for longer during high temps?

I panicked a bit and tabbed out to open up speccy and it showed only 73c on the gpu (which is around normal for me) and the cpu around 75c. I know when I tab out of the game my temps shoot down so I am unsure how high the temps...

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019

I panicked a bit and tabbed out to open up speccy and it showed only 73c on the gpu (which is around normal for me) and the cpu around 75c. I know when I tab out of the game my temps shoot down so I am unsure how high the temps actually got during the game.

I am just curious if everything is fine with my pc, I am not techy enough to check fan speeds, I don't know how to do anything like that I got this pc built for me and it uses a 2080 Ti gpu and a i9 9900k cpu.

so I would like to know.

Is it normal for fans to make really loud noises for a couple of seconds or should it have stayed louder for longer if the pc was getting too hot?

and if the pc does get too hot on the cpu or gpu it will shut down to prevent damage right?

I am a little paranoid since this pc was not cheap.
Those temps are normal and sound is normal. You have to set up your own fancurves. Your fancurve is probably set up so that once it gets 70 or 75c the fan speed jumps to 100%. You can change the fan curves for your CPU in the bios and for the gpu you can use msi afterburner. You can google it how to do it. It is very easy and you dont have to worry about messing things up.

EDIT: Inside the bios you should also change the fancurve for all case fans.

Solution