Question Question about stuttering

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Hi guys my build is only a week and a half old and I'm getting microstutters on almost all my games... please correct me if I'm wrong but I recently read that the i9-9900k supports a ram speed of 2666? and I'm wondering if me xmp-ing my ram to the ram speed I bought which was 3200mhz, could that be causing my stutters at all? my i9 is running at stock settings with my 2070 gb card and 16gbs of 3200mhz ram. Could me not selecting the 2666mhz ram speed be causing my problems with stuttering?

specs:

CPU: i9-9900k 3.6gz
Motherboard: asus rog strix z390-e gaming
Ram: corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz kit
SSD/HDD: no ssd until tomorrow but i got a WD blue 1tb
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card
PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If your motherboard is a Z series chipset, you can overclock the ram beyond DDR4-2666MHz.

Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Include the version of BIOS for your motherboard and include a footage of the stuttering you're experiencing. You might also want to see if using DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers changes the issue. Source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and install it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
If your motherboard is a Z series chipset, you can overclock the ram beyond DDR4-2666MHz.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Include the version of BIOS for your motherboard and include a footage of the stuttering you're experiencing. You might also want to see if using DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers changes the issue. Source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and install it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
CPU: i9-9900k 3.6gz
Motherboard: asus rog strix z390-e gaming
Ram: corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz kit
SSD/HDD: no ssd until tomorrow but i got a WD blue 1tb
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card
PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

View: https://youtu.be/lm4Rcln8SNg
vide of stutters, it jumps every id say 10 to 15 seconds, its worse on other games too, i have an up to date bios, its not a temp problem because my temps while playing games on max settings are great, cpu hits a max of 65 to 68 when loading ect but usually sits around mid 40s to 50s and my gpu is around 55 to 57

TRENDING THREADS