[SOLVED] Question about Temps after Blender complete test run

Hi guys,

This is my setup:
Windows 10 64 bits, with the lastest AMD chipset drivers
PC case: Cougar vortex (3 case fans: 2 intake fans, 1 rear fan all same model)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 + Deep Cool CPU aire cooler Gammaxx GTE
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X (Bios F42B - Agesa 1003 ABB)
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Videocard: EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition
Storage: SSD 240GB Kinsgton + 1TB WD HDD 7200RPM
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620watts, 80+ bronze

The question is:
I had some time and I did a Blender complete test (winter season here, temps were around 20°C~22°C inside). The benchmark took 1 hour and 23 mins, give or take, and using hwinfo, all core frecuency, while heavy load, was between 4025~4080 MHz, and MAX temp was 76.3°C.

Are this temps ok?, Whats the "ok" roof for Ryzen 3000 for temps, anyone knows ?

Please share your thoughs, cause I been reading many reviews and many of them shows very similar boosting, but way better temps with after market coolers.

PD: I noticed that since I changed my stock cooler, max all core frecuency went up, around 100 to 150 MHz. I didn't knew with only PB enable this could happend. I always thought that PBO was the one that boosted speed as long as there was thermal and volatge room ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
76.3 degrees is perfectly fine. The throttle temperature for the 3600 is 95 degrees.
Generally to maximise the effectiveness of the CPU as long as you keep it below 85 degrees it's even better.
76.3 degrees is perfectly fine. The throttle temperature for the 3600 is 95 degrees.
Generally to maximise the effectiveness of the CPU as long as you keep it below 85 degrees it's even better.

Thanks, soon as I can I will try to do the same test, but changing the rear case fan (https://cougargaming.com/products/cooling/vortex_led_fan/) for the I believe better one (https://cougargaming.com/products/cooling/vortex_pwm_fan/) since I have an extra one stored on a case doing nothing.