[SOLVED] question about the ASROCK B450 PRO4, RAM, and GPU

DercrysisBZ

Prominent
May 14, 2019
I'm having new computer parts for myself: MOBO, ASROCK B350 PRO4, 16GB OF RAM-3200mhz (i have Corsair 16GB of ram which is 3000mhz), and MS30 M.2 SSD 512GB. The question I have is, will my GTX 970 be able to handle 32GB OF RAM alongside my Ryzen 5 1600? And will I have to alter any voltages at all with different 3200-3000mhz ram sticks?

Solution
Graphics card has nothing do to with ram whatsoever,as long as the motherboard and cpu supports it,you could put 128gb of ram with a gtx 970 and it would make no affect on GPU performance whatsoever.
Although there is a bit of 'bottlenecking' between the cpu/gpu its nothing serious to be worried in the slightest.Now i dont understand something about ram.Do you alreadt have that corsiar ram,which you are trying to push to 3200mhz.Or do you plan on buying a different 3200mhz kit?
Graphics card has nothing do to with ram whatsoever,as long as the motherboard and cpu supports it,you could put 128gb of ram with a gtx 970 and it would make no affect on GPU performance whatsoever.
Although there is a bit of 'bottlenecking' between the cpu/gpu its nothing serious to be worried in the slightest.Now i dont understand something about ram.Do you alreadt have that corsiar ram,which you are trying to push to 3200mhz.Or do you plan on buying a different 3200mhz kit?

Solution