Question about the Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Fan Headers

benm25x

Prominent
Feb 24, 2018
I was looking at getting this motherboard along with a Corsair 570x, which will mean that I will have 6 total RGB fans that I need to connect. I will have one for my AIO, and then five chassis fans, just wondering if there are enough headers on the board for that. Thanks!

Solution
No, there is not. There are only two chassis fan headers on that board. You will need a PWM fan hub that supports at least four fans. Six would probably be better if you wish to run all fans off the same hub.

Most boards have a maximum of four chassis fan headers, but then you can simply use cable splitters to power and control two fans per header for a total of 8. Yours, with only two CHA_FAN headers, could only do four leaving one in the cold, so you'd need a hub.
No, there is not. There are only two chassis fan headers on that board. You will need a PWM fan hub that supports at least four fans. Six would probably be better if you wish to run all fans off the same hub.

Most boards have a maximum of four chassis fan headers, but then you can simply use cable splitters to power and control two fans per header for a total of 8. Yours, with only two CHA_FAN headers, could only do four leaving one in the cold, so you'd need a hub.

Solution

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

So I have that board too and there is one thing I am confused with. I have 4 fans, 2 nzxt h500 stock and 2 corsair ll rgb 120mm fans. I also have the corsair commander pro that has 6 fan headers and the rgb fans have two cables each one saying: TO FAN HUB. which end is supposed to go where, and do I need an adapter? will I be able to control my fans?

TRENDING THREADS