Question Question about the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA1151.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Is the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA1151 a good motherboard and is it a good motherboard for an i9-9900k? I wont be overclocking anything because I don't really feel the need to, because the i9 is pretty powerful on its own.

Lutfij

Titan
On it's own, yes the board is good, pricey but good in terms of quality. When you start comparing the board against other brands and models of the same price point you might have the Asus trade places to maybe second or third depending on what you're looking for in your motherboard purchase.

FYI, these boards are meant for overclocking so if you're not going to overclock, a non K suffix processor is in order and a non Z series chipset to that effect.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
On it's own, yes the board is good, pricey but good in terms of quality. When you start comparing the board against other brands and models of the same price point you might have the Asus trade places to maybe second or third depending on what you're looking for in your motherboard purchase.

FYI, these boards are meant for overclocking so if you're not going to overclock, a non K suffix processor is in order and a non Z series chipset to that effect.
So ref to the FYI at the bottom, are you saying if I'm not gunna overclock its best I get a non K i9 and a motherboard that isnt a z390?