Question Question about the Corsair ICU h115i Elite Capelix AIO

Nov 9, 2020
I just competed a new build. I got the Corsair ICU h115i elite capelix as an aio cooler. Finally just got my 6800xt gpu yesterday so was able to get the computer to finally post. Very excited all seems to be working but the cooler block not lighting up. All fans are spinning and lighting up though. I am waiting to get a copy of windows to install and then load in the ICU software to control the cooler but I am concerned it is not lighting up and everything else is. Is this normal? Is installing windows and loading in the icu software necessary to make it light up. It would seem to me if fans are lighting up block should be too???

thanks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It should light up by default, but sounds like you don't have an aRGB header plugged in correctly. It has been a long time since I looked at this cooler, so could also be that the lighting control is managed by the pump head itself.

According to the install manual, you have everything setup as it should?

Nov 9, 2020
It should light up by default, but sounds like you don't have an aRGB header plugged in correctly. It has been a long time since I looked at this cooler, so could also be that the lighting control is managed by the pump head itself.

According to the install manual, you have everything setup as it should?
Yes. I have it hooked up according to the manual. one cable with a single wire goes to the CPU fan header. The other big cable goes to the RGB commander core that it came with where all my other fans including the two for the AIO and my other RGB fans all go to. That then plugs into SATA power and a usb header. All fans are running and RGB working including the two AIO fans. Thats the strange part. Thats what makes me worry it is defective. I got it on amazon through amazon itself and not a third party vendor. Unfortunately the return period has closed as I got it many months ago while I was waiting for my 6800xt GPU and 5900x CPU. All just finally came in and I finally was able to set it all up. Would corsair RMA it if I called?? Any other thoughts?? I am hoping once I get windows installed and load up the software for it I can turn it on but as you pointed out it sounds like it should be on by default. Thanks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
They should RMA if it is confirmed that the lighting is not working - it would be a defect out of the box.

They might have you run through a few things like is the RGB lighting cable connected correctly or all plugs are seated fully, etc.