Question about the NZXT Phantom

Bluskyz

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I plan on buying some more fans to go with my NZXT Phantom Case. 1 Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm silent fan and two cooler master megaflow 200mm red LED fans. Do you know if these fans are compatible with the nzxt case? I have read of some people having problems with compatability issues particularly with the side 200mm/230mm mount. If you don't think these fans are compatible, can you maybe recommend some that would?

Solution

I have the exact same case, and decided to buy the same fans, so i went ahead and bought two Cooler Master Mega Flow 200mm blue LED Fans. The idea was to fill the two 200mm holes on top (exhaust), while putting the stock NZXT 200mm fan on the side (intake).
As soon as i put the first one, i immediatly notice that the...

SNA3

Honorable

measure it your self , and compare it to the fan specs on cooler master site .. they put the exact dimensions.

reptilianoverlord

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Bought the same setup. NZXT Phantom 001 White, and Cooler Master Megaflow blue LEDs.

They did not fit the top, did not even fit inside the case, and I had to re-do some of my cabling to test this.

The screw holes on the Cooler Master Megaflow did not align on the top or the side optional fan on the NZXT Phantom.

You would think that 200x200x30 case would match with 200x200x30 fans, this pair does not. :no:

Just happened in the past few days, in the process of returning the fans. Don't care which side is responsible for not having proper dimensions, just want those mesh holes filled with fans at this point.

Adnarim

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

I have the exact same case, and decided to buy the same fans, so i went ahead and bought two Cooler Master Mega Flow 200mm blue LED Fans. The idea was to fill the two 200mm holes on top (exhaust), while putting the stock NZXT 200mm fan on the side (intake).
As soon as i put the first one, i immediatly notice that the screw holes didn't match. The thing is, the fan just sited so tight in the case without any screws (unlike the stock fan) that i decided to, very carefully, put the second Megaflow in place.
So, bottomline, they do fit in the case (on the top holes, haven't tried on the side) very nicely, it's just a bit weird not having any screws securing the fans. Again, put the fans carefully in place and no screws are required, and yes, without being loose or vibrations noises.

Hope it helps!

Solution