[SOLVED] Question about the ryzen 3700x

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
From my understanding, the 3700x has a built in boost clock feature, and it’s generally recommended to keep the CPU at it’s clock speed because overclocking it can interfere with that. I accidentally overclocked my CPU without knowing this. However, I set it back to its stock speed. I just want to make sure I didn’t interfere with the built in boost clock. I’m assuming that I’m okay since the CPU is back at it’s stock speed, but I figured I should ask

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
From my understanding, the 3700x has a built in boost clock feature, and it’s generally recommended to keep the CPU at it’s clock speed because overclocking it can interfere with that. I accidentally overclocked my CPU without knowing this. However, I set it back to its stock speed. I just want to make sure I didn’t interfere with the built in boost clock. I’m assuming that I’m okay since the CPU is back at it’s stock speed, but I figured I should ask
All Ryzen have boost clocks enabled and are overclockable but level of boost and it's ability to boost depends on motherboard and BIOS, therefore for questions like this you have to state MB it's on and it's BIOS version. CPU will do whatever BIOS tells it to do,
Things to look in BIOS are PBO(2), XFR and boost level.