Question about timing on my OCZ Reaper Memory: Settings/current value

El Duderino

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Hey all :hello:

This is kind of a newbie question, but I just got my system up and running on my first build and everything is working great :bounce:

I'm trying to figure something out though and I don't know if I'm misunderstanding this wrong or what, but I have 4 gigs of OCZ Reaper 6400 800 ram. The timing on them is supposed to be 4-4-4-15. When I start up the system it shows my memory at 800 6-6-6-18. When I go into the BIOS settings with my 780i board there are two columns marked "settings" and "current value".

In the settings column the timings look right for what it should be. All are set to auto and all read 4-4-4-15. However next to it, the "current value" reads 6-6-6-18. I haven't messed with any of the voltages or anything like that. Do I need to in order to get it running with the best latency? What am I missing here because I don't understand why my current values don't match my settings.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks! :)

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
Actually, it's pretty common for auto setting to get timing looser than rated. Just set it manually to what it should be. If voltage is at 1.8 instead of rated voltage (if it's higher), manually set that too to maintain stability.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS