[SOLVED] Question about top case fan

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

My specs, as is tradition:

CPU: i7-8700 @ 4.3
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake UX200 ARGB Tower Cooler, fan is on the side of the RAM, blowing air towards the rear exhaust
GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 Mini OC
RAM: 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 MHz CL16 DDR4
STORAGE: 512GB SanDisk SSD (OS), 1 TB Crucial MX500 SSD (games), 1x 1TB WD 2'5'' HDD (games)
MOBO: GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro
PSU: Corsair CX 2017 650W
CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX
AIRFLOW: 3x Pure Wings 2 4-pin 140mm High-Speed, 1x Pure Wings 2 3-pin 140mm Stock: Stock fan is set as top exhaust above CPU cooler, other high speed fans are set as 1x rear exhaust and 2x front intake.

I was wondering if I should remove the stock top exhaust fan and just keep the three high speed versions I purchased as 1x rear exhaust & 2x front intake. My case seems to be filling with dust and I'm not sure if the extra top fan is causing this. The top fan runs at half the RPM of all the other fans.

Some pics: View: https://imgur.com/a/Smd9W0A

Apologies for the extremely reflective side panel, but you should see the case fan positions just fine.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
if the tepms are fine and cool run the fans on low speed you have four fans and it wont be a problem and it should reduce the dust, and no the top fan is not the problem.

mahmoud2244

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
if the tepms are fine and cool run the fans on low speed you have four fans and it wont be a problem and it should reduce the dust, and no the top fan is not the problem.

Solution